Our practice is closely monitoring the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). As always, the health and safety of our patients and staff are our highest priority. We intend to take all precautionary measures necessary to reduce the spread of illness. We are strictly following the guidelines recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The measures we are taking to reduce the spread of illness in our practice, include, but are not limited to:
- Frequent hand washing
- Making hand sanitizer available to patients and visitors
- Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces (such as chairs, iPads, doorknobs, etc.) and equipment at least twice a day
- Cleaning exam rooms with disinfectant immediately prior to admitting patients
- Making it possible for patients to wait for their appointment in their vehicle
- Screening all incoming patients and visitors for signs of respiratory illness
- Closely monitoring our employees for any sign of respiratory illness
- Politely rescheduling appointments for any patients experiencing any respiratory symptoms such as sneezing, cough, fever, difficulty breathing, or runny nose
- Opening convenient methods of communication, such as secure texting, to lessen wait time with phone calls
- All cancellation fees due to illness will be waived until further notice
We ask that you, our valued patients, do everything you can to protect yourselves, your fellow patients and our staff.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms such as sneezing, cough, fever, or trouble breathing. If you come to your appointment and appear ill or exhibit any of the above symptoms, we will ask you to go home and to reschedule your appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our office through our secure messaging platform, Klara, through our website or by calling 205-345-1520.
STEPS TO PREVENT ILLNESS