Welcome to our practice and thank you for choosing Alabama Dermatology. Whether you are new to our practice or it’s been a few years, your first visit involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You’ll find all the practical information you need, such as map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more. Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. You will find below a list of items you should bring with you as well as some helpful information to make your visit as pleasant as possible.
- Health insurance card(s)
- Driver’s license or other Photo ID
- Form of payment
- Paperwork, completed and signed (this applies to all new patients as well as patients who have not been seen within the past three years)
We offer both printable PDF and Secure Online versions of our Patient Forms which you can find below. To expedite your visit, please complete the forms below prior to your appointment.
- Patient Information Form
- Patient Information Form (Online Form)
- Review of Systems
- Review of Systems (Online Form)
- Patient Financial Policy
- Patient Financial Policy (Online Form)
- Patient Consent for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information (HIPPA)
- Patient Consent for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information (HIPPA) (Online Form)
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it:
Please check your benefits prior to your visit and find out what is or isn’t covered by your policy. Patients are fully responsible for all costs denied by their insurance. Alabama Dermatology is not responsible for unpaid amounts as a result of deductibles or denials from your insurance company. We cannot guarantee insurance coverage for any service provided.
- You should arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. We may every effort to adhere to our schedule but you should plan to spend approximately two hours with us for this visit.
- There is a water fountain available in the waiting room. We ask that you do not bring food or drink into the building.
- No smoking is allowed
- We ask that you turn your cell phone to silent/vibrate during your visit
- Consider not wearing perfume or cologne. Many patients are very sensitive or allergic to fragrances.
Cancellation Policy and Missed Appointments:
- If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, we ask that you notify our office at least 1 business day in advance to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
- Patients who fail to arrive for a scheduled medical appointment and do not give notice will be considered a No Show and will be subject to a $25 No Show fee.
- Patients who fail to arrive for a procedural (cosmetic or surgical) appointment and do not give notice will be considered a No Show and will be subject to a $100 No Show fee.
- Patients who fail to arrive for a Mohs surgery appointment and do not give notice will be considered a No Show and will be subject to a $250.00 fee.